When women begin to look at the past choice, many have similar questions. This booklet is designed to answer some of those questions. We have provided answers from different perspectives.
It is our hope that the Lord would use this information to highlight His magnificent grace, love and mercy to your heart. If I can help you in any way, please do not hesitate to write to me at: Sydna@aol.com.
I know God forgives us our sins. I know He has forgiven me. Why do I continue to feel this way? When a woman is unable to have children after her abortion, she asks why is she still feeling like God is punishing her? Why do other women continue to have unwanted children and abuse them?
Why does He continue to allow abortion to happen when so many women are crying and asking forgiveness?
When will I be able to stop crying?
Will I ever laugh or smile again?
How do you/I know that God has REALLY forgiven you/me?
How do I forgive those that literally forced me to abort?
Will I be able to live a normal life again?
I’m going through a post-abortion study now and hide my study book from family and friends. What do I tell them if they discover it?
What happens after I go through the recovery class/bible study?
Ramah International’s Founder: Sydna A. Massé
has been helping pro-life groups raise money for their vital work for nine years. She is a regular guest on Focus on the Family’s daily broadcast and has shared her testimony on “Family Life”, “Janet Parshal’s America” and “Moody Mid-Day Connection”. Sydna serves as President of Ramah International, a post-abortion outreach organization. Sydna is the author of the book, Her Choice to Heal: Finding Spiritual & Emotional Peace After Abortion. Recently Ramah produced a recovery guide that goes with this book to allow it to be used in a bible study format. Articles on her work have appeared in Focus on the Family magazine, Moody Magazine, Today’s Christian Woman, and CWA’s Family Voice. Sydna currently lives in Florida with her husband, Tom, and three sons, Bruce, Michael and Daniel.
Booklet Titles from Ramah International
1. Ministering to the Extended Wounded – Grandparents
2. From the Heart: Daily Encouragement for God’s “Life” Workers
3. Soaring to New Heights – Embracing God’s Calling to New Ministry Endeavors
4. “You Came to Me,” – Ministering in Jails and Prisons
5. The Ties that Bind – Shattering Sexual Soul Ties
6. “Go Ye Into All the World, ” – Reaching Lives on the World Wide Web
7. The Power of Regret – Helping the Abortion-Minded Know the Potential for Remorse
8. Sharing the Secret of Abortion
9. Help Wanted: Non-PAS for Post-Abortion Ministry
10. The End of the Innocence: Ministering to Teens
11. Ministry Solitaire – Handling the “Aloneness” of Ministry Life
12. The Cross of Leadership – Survival Tips!
13. When They Abort Anyway.
14. Leading the Group: Administrative Skills
15. Preparing Your Heart to Share the Adoption Option
16. Family Business: Coping with Hometown Prophet Syndrome
17. Frequently Asked Questions of Post-Abortive Women
Suggested donation: $5 each. Call Ramah at 479-445-6070 to place an order or send an e-mail to Sydna@aol.com.
Other Resources From Ramah International:
- Her Choice to Heal: Finding Spiritual and Emotional Peace After Abortion – Written by: Sydna Masse
- Her Choice to Heal Recovery Guide – A supplement to Her Choice to Heal, making it into a post-abortion Bible study
- Her Choice to Heal Recovery Guide Program – Leader’s Manual – A step-by-step guide to running post-abortion Bible studies using the Her Choice to Heal program
- Journey In Ramah – A daily devotional (60-days) for women going through post-abortion healing
To order any of these resources:
Visit our resources page here: Resources
E-mail Sydna at Sydna@aol.com
2707 E Woodcliff Rd
Fayetteville, AR 72701
The Need for Ramah International is based on: A voice is heard in Ramah — mourning and great weeping. Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted because her children are no more. (Jeremiah 31:15)
The statistic that 43% of women will have an abortion¹ represents a large segment of our society. Yet few confess to this sin — especially to family and friends. Many deny comfort because they fear rejection and/or are unable to confront their own participation in ending their child’s life. Except for a handful of small ministry efforts offered through our nation’s 3,200 crisis pregnancy centers and direct ministries, little is being done to reach these hearts with forgiveness and healing comfort available through Jesus Christ.
The Solution Ramah International Can Provide: This is what the Lord says — restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears. For your work will be rewarded. Your children will return from the land of the enemy. (Jeremiah 31:16)
Ramah International’s purpose is to bring post-abortive individuals to healing so they can cease mourning, grieve these children’s deaths and become active participants in the pro-life movement. It is heartbreaking work to touch this pain, yet helping them to acknowledge the loss of their children is the first step to healing, and their “work will be rewarded.” By naming aborted children, they become a permanent entity in their mother’s hearts. In essence, they are redeemed from Satan’s grasp and “return from the land of the enemy.” The Result of Ramah’s Work: So there is hope for your future, says the Lord (Jeremiah 31:17a) What is the hope of post-abortive individuals? For many, it is to stop abortion from hurting other lives. This ministry believes that it is only through our healed voices of abortion’s devastation that this evil can be ended in our world. Post-abortive individuals are the only ones who can attest to the fact that abortion is a horrible choice — not only for the child but also for the mother.
“¹Facts in Brief – Induced Abortion,” The Alan Guttmacher Institute, Washington, DC, January, 2000, www.agi-usa.org.